Friday, August 17, 2012

12th AND FINAL inning. :)

Pure joy.

We are one day out from the 12th and final chemo treatment and I feel so good.  Usually this day is met with nausea and blahness, but with God's grace I feel great.  As we finished this last treatment our nurses presented me with a Certificate of Accomplishment and a very special bell ringing.  


Goofy grin for the bell ringing.

Action shot


Great great nurses
Up next:
PET scan Aug 27 for more follow-up
ECHO Sept 5 to complete the cardiac study I've been apart of throughout these treatments
Oncology appointment with Dr. Nasta Sept 20 (then once every 3 months)... and as long as my labs and tests are ok I can schedule to have my port removed.  :)

As far as celebrations go we will continue to take fun little weekend trips and welcome visits from friends anytime... then our big celebration will be our honeymoon next April in Croatia!

Thank you for more support than I could have ever asked for.  It's been quite an adventure and we couldn't have done it alone.

I've posted this video before... but I can't get over how true the words are so here it is again.


"Beautiful Things"
Gungor

All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new


You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

Love,
katy


2 comments:

  1. Katy! It's been such a blessing seeing your joy in the Lord and not in your circumstances! You inspire me with everything you write and you make me want to find more joy in God! Keep in touch, and I hope you keep getting better. I know God will take care of His children that love Him by His plan, even though we don't always know what that plan is.

    P.S. I love Gungor and especially the song you posted!

    ReplyDelete