Friday, August 3, 2012

10th and 11th innings.

Hi friends,

This much appreciated leave of absence from work may be making me somewhat lazy... as you can tell by this combo inning post plus apartment pictures.  Everything has been going pretty well here.  Lots of good rest complimented with weekends away and great visitors.  In the last month Erik and I have welcomed 4 out-of-towners (including my mom) and traveled to Fire Island, Boston, and Ithaca to visit friends and family.  We have also had 2 successful innings with pretty tolerable side effects.  Right now I'm looking forward to another month of rest and marking the end of this season with inning 12 on August 16th.  I am so grateful to feel well and know that I am well.  I'm anticipating a few more tests following this last treatment:  a PET scan, ECHO, and pulmonary function testing to ensure everything is still ok, then the appointments and tests will space out and life may feel a little more normal.  Below are some pictures of our new apartment in West Philly.

Welcome to our new apartment.

View from near the front door of our "dining room" table and kitchen
Kitchen close up

Living room






Our funky stairs... soon to have a one of a kind Philly mural

Our upstairs bedroom

Beautiful exposed brick wall opposite our bed

The stairs begin right under the hanging bike

Loft living room

Phillies corner at the top of the staircase

1 more "inning" to go!

Thank you all for the incredible support you've shown us throughout this hopefully once in a lifetime baseball season.

Love, 
Katy

Extra note from my mom:
I have been thinking of the two most beautiful words in the English language.  They are: REMISSION and GRATITUDE.  I go over these words in my mind every day all day.                
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet Katy you are a joy! Alicia keeps me posted but your blog is amazing! Love love love your apartment, so adorable! You are so strong in His mighty presence!

    ReplyDelete