Wednesday, September 26, 2012

post chemo fun.

Hi family and friends,

I have officially been free from chemo (& cancer) for 6 weeks and I'm very grateful to have that behind me.  I had a 5 week follow-up with my oncologist last Thursday and she assured me that my PET scan (to monitor for cancerous activity) is still clear and my ECHO (to evaluate heart function) is good too.  I have been cleared to have my chest port removed (scheduled for Monday Oct 1st!) and my next scan and appointment is 3 long months away.

In other news, before I went back to work in mid-September I was able to take a refreshing road trip with a good buddy to visit another good buddy in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan.  We drove 15 leisurely hours across Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan to see her home town and then experience beautiful Lake Michigan.

Beautiful Sleepy Bear Dunes... quick to run down (30 seconds) but torture to climb back up (45 minutes)!

Me, Kristin, & Kristen

Erik and I have also made time to see The Boss... twice... in the last month or so.  First at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia and next at the Meadowlands in north Jersey.  Erik took the picture below right after he touched the guitar!




Last exciting news for this blog is that my sister Ally came to visit a few weeks ago too.  We had a great time celebrating the 225th birthday of the signing of the US Constitution (also Ally's bday), hiking in Fairmount Park, seeing Finding Nemo 3D, and browsing the Free Public Library.  Also with some good eats mixed in there.


Ally and me early in the morning.  Proof that my hair is growing... slowly but surely.

Carvings dated back to the early 80s... one tough tree.



For now I'm just working and settling into a "normal" life.  Erik and I are looking forward to some uneventful next few months.  Thank you for all your support and prayers over this last baseball season.

Love,
Katy Jo

1 comment:

  1. yeahhh!! such a big praise! so glad you hear youre cancer-free darling. :-) whooo!!

    ReplyDelete