Tuesday, April 2, 2013

happy spring.

Hi friends and family,

All good news to report.  We are now 6 months post chemo and all clear.  My oncologist said my PET scan was "rock solid"... can't beat that.  I mentioned last time that I thought surely they would space my follow up to every 6 months maybe, but it looks like I will have a CT scan and check up in June and then September, and likely at that time we'll space to every 4 months.  It definitely beats every 2 weeks though.  I can definitely see that my energy is completely back to normal, which I only realize in hindsight.  

Since I last wrote, Erik and I have had many fun adventures.  In January Erik surprised me with a weekend vacation to sunny southern California.  We had a great visit with my Mom, playing tennis, walking on the beach, and of course whale watching.  


On March 24th, Erik and I celebrated our first anniversary back in Randolph, Vermont.  It was a beautiful and relaxing weekend, bookended with 10 hour train trips.  What a difference in the setting though... feet of snow banked everywhere (as compared to 50s and sunny that we were fortunate to have last year).  It couldn't have been better though.  We stayed with our dear friends at their bed and breakfast and even had a little party in our honor from our photographer.  We ventured outside of the town this time and met some very friendly cows too, that was definitely a highlight.




In the career arena... my travel position in the Peds ICU was cut short due to budget problems, but it opened the door perfectly to my new job in the Neonatal ICU right in the heart of the city.  I start at this position in early May, which gives great time to relax and enjoy early Spring.

In the spirit of doing things a little differently... Erik and I will embark on our honeymoon to Croatia this month.  Just a preview of what we hope to see...

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment